Showing all 17 results
Selecting your ideal monohull sailboat for sale
Why you should pick a Monohull Sailboat
A monohull sailboat refers to a kind of boat that only bears a single hull as opposed to multihulls such as catamarans. Anyone who loves sailing for whatever reasons should be able to understand a few things regarding the options that are open for them if they do decide to venture into the waters.
It is always important to find a monohull sailboat for sale that provides you with the kind of experience that you want. It is important to note that in most cases, monohull sailboats are meant for thrill-seekers. These are people who do not mind a little adrenaline filled adventure out on the water.
What to expect from a Monohull Sailboat
Of course, the features will depend on the kind of monohull sailing boat that you have chosen for your adventure. One of the fastest monohull sailboats is the yacht model. As we, all know the yacht is considered a luxury option.
With the yacht, there are sails, being a sailboat. You also notice that there is the lower deck and these are divided into different sections. In most cases, the cabins are situated at the bow. There is also a WC and a bathroom included. The number of cabins usually depends on how big the boat really is. You also note that most will include a lounge. There are those that include an aft bathroom and an aft cabin as well.
In most cases, the common room and the dining room within is the lounge. However, this is an area where people can sleep as well. In case you choose to utilize this area for sleeping, you can fold the tables and combine the benches to come up with a double bed that is quite spacious.
The advantages associated with Monohull Sailboat
The best monohull sailboats are very safe because they have great stability laterally. This means that it is quite hard for such a boat to capsize if caught up in regular storms.
There is also the thrill that is associated with the monohull sailboats. You can have the best experience while out on the water. Usually, monohull boats heel over when under wind pressure and sea contacts.
When you compare catamaran vs monohull boat, you realize that the monohull is a bit on the cheaper side, especially when the boats are of a similar size. Mooring is also cheaper on the monohull compared to the catamaran.
One thing to note about the foiling monohull sailboats is that they are great for racing and performance. This allows you to enjoy a bit more of excitement and speed while you are venturing out on the water.
If you want to enjoy a vacation and you want the best experience ever, then you should know that information is power. You need to evaluate your boat needs and then pick the one that will work best for you. a monohull is often on the list for many who have the intention of exploring.
- Looks: most of the monohull sailing boats that you will come across have a good look about them. If you were to compare them to catamarans, you will notice that monohulls are attractive in a way.
- Helm response: the other thing you note is how quickly a monohull tacks. It is also easier to maneuver it. The helm response is also faster compared to some other options available.
- Moving on the water: monohull is capable of slicing through the water almost effortlessly. There is less slapping as witnessed with some other options, especially the ones that have low bridge decks.
- Healing: it is true that on a monohull, you will not have the kind of flat sailing that is experienced on catamarans. However, the healing is so much fun and part of what makes sailing monohull so exhilarating. This is a great fact that you should note if you are trying to make comparisons.
- Anchorage: when you anchor a monohull, you notice that it does not swing as much as multihulls. This reduces the chances of it bumping into other boats while docked.
- Price: you note that single-hull sailboats that have the same equipment and sleeping capacity are much cheaper when compared to the catamaran.
There are some disadvantages associated with the monohull sailboats. They include:
- Privacy: in most cases, you will note that there is very little privacy in between the cabins. This is however determined by how big the monohull really is and how many cabins and people are using the same.
- Space: if you were to compare them to catamarans of the same size, then you will notice that there is not much space.
- Ventilation: in cases where there are aft cabins, the ventilation can be bad. This can be a great disadvantage when there is tropical heat.
If you are satisfied that a monohull is indeed what you need, we are your one-stop-shop for all types of monohull sailboats for sale. At Harbor shoppers, we have the most dedicated team that can assist you to find the most ideal boat according to your preference.